- what information we collect through our virtual retail stores (our “stores”) on any third party social media or messaging and chat platforms including where applicable, platforms such as WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Kakao, Facebook, and Instagram (each, a “Platform”, and collectively the “Platforms”),
- for which purposes we use Personal Information we collect and
- your rights regarding your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is information by itself or in combination with other information through which an individual can be identified, e.g. your name, your e-mail address and items you purchased (provided we can connect them to your e-mail/customer account).
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We receive Personal Information from or about you depending on the nature of your activities, especially in the following cases:
Communicating with us in our stores: When you visit and browse products in our stores the information that is accessed by us or provided to us, when you communicate with us and interact with us in our stores.
Sign-up/Registering: We store the information that you provide to us, such as when
- you create an account at our website, or where applicable, our stores (including e-mail, name, date of birth and additional information you may voluntarily provide us for example your general interests, items you register that you previously purchased in stores or when you create a wish list).
- you give us your e-mail address or contact details of the relevant Platform in our physical stores to receive an electronic receipt for your purchase.
- you share any pictures/materials with us for publication on social media.
- you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
Transactions: We collect details of purchases on stores (including the date, price, and products purchased) as well as when you return or exchange a product or when you send us your product for warranty or repair service and any communication in connection with this.
Visiting our stores/Using e-mails: We store details of your visits to our stores (such as pages visited, browser and other device details, your IP address) and your interactions with any communications (such as messages through the relevant Platform that you have used to communicate with us and e-mails) that we send to you. For more information, see our Cookies Section.
WHAT DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
Transactions/Provision of services: We use your Personal Information to:
- process your purchases, such as to fulfil the purchase order, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- communicate with you in our stores;
- if you use any interactive features, process your Personal Information required to use these features and manage your use of these interactive features, including but not limited to processing your video image and voice during a video call which you may schedule with us to view our products;
- send you confirmations or electronic receipts (if you requested this);
- screen transactions for fraudulent behavior,
- handle any returns, repairs to exchanges of your products and for any related communications;
- We use your Personal Information to administer your store account(s) (where applicable), and to enable you to access your shopping bag;
- see products you saved for later, products you registered (which may earn you points to redeem at stores);
- show you other products that may interest you; and,
- enable your participation when you enter a sweepstake/contest.
Analytics: We may combine and use Personal Information to help us learn more about our users’ shopping preferences, to be able to tailor our offers, websites, and stores according to your interests and preferences, to help us address problems with and improve our site and stores’ design, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics and to present content in the clearest and most friendly manner for you.
Marketing: We may contact you for direct marketing purposes via e-mail telephone or other messaging, notifications or mail where you have opted in to receive direct marketing messages. We will only send you marketing communications where you have provided your consent and in compliance with applicable laws.
Securing our assets: We may also use Personal Information to protect the security or integrity of our stores, websites, and our business.
Other: We may use and collect Personal Information for any purpose associated with or related to the above purposes.
DISCLOSURE/SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fossil will not provide Personal Information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent except in the following cases:
Where you have provided consent, we may also share your Personal Information with select third parties so that they can send you promotional materials about goods and services offered by them. We may also occasionally share your Personal Information with organizations that combine the Personal Information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross- reference with our marketing partners and other third parties. We use that combined information to enhance your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products, to inform you of events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
Fossil may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about the users of our stores without restriction.
Fossil will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes described above or as long as we are required by law. We cannot remove your Personal Information when there is a legal retention requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to retain the Personal Information, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
LINKS TO OTHER MATERIALS
If you are offered a link to connect to a third-party location (such as a website or minisite), it is for the convenience of the visitors to our stores. Sites linked to and from our stores are not necessarily under the control of Fossil and Fossil has no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any such linked site or service. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of those third parties to see how your information (including Personal Information) is handled.
OPT OUT PROCEDURES
Your decision to opt out and withdraw consent could result in certain consequences, including us being unable to perform the transactions requested by you on our stores. Please note that your withdrawal of consent will not affect our ability to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for a specific purpose without your consent, if a provision in applicable law permits us to do so.
If you do not exercise your opt-out or "do not share" choices upon registration on one of our websites, your opt-out choices will not be immediately effective and subject to applicable laws, this will require a reasonable time to take effect.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from our stores about children under the age of 18. We request that persons under the age of 18 not use our stores without supervision from a responsible adult. Persons under the age of 18 should not provide us with any Personal Information without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has sent Personal Information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove his or her Personal Information from our files.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may view the Personal Information you provided to us on your account or profile on the relevant Platforms, or where you have directly provided us with Personal Information through the stores. You may access Personal Information we hold about you, request a correction where data is incorrect or a deletion of your data, unless we have to keep your data for legal reasons. For any inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
We may transfer your Personal Information to other countries. However, where we do so, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the applicable privacy law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please address any questions or concerns, inquiries, complaints, requests to access or correct your Personal Information, or requests to limit the processing of your Personal Information regarding our Privacy Program or our practices concerning Personal Information to firstname.lastname@example.org.